Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Getting Closer to the wedding!

Well, it is official.  Haley and Derek are now officially engaged!  They have been sort of engaged and talking about everything. They even had a date picked out.  Last week(Valentines Day) Derek got down on his knee and gave Haley a ring!  
I never thought I would be planning a wedding already!  This is crazy.   I thought I would have at least a year after Haley graduated from High School, yeah! thats right, High School! Haley is 17 soon to be 18 on April 8.  She has been dating Derek May since August of last year, when Derek came home from his mission.  What a turn around for Haley.  She is a different person!  She has a job(yes, she hates it! It is at Dominos and she is still looking for something else) and she got a 4.0 on her last report card.  If someone had told me a year ago my troubled teenager would be engaged and responsible I would have scoffed and laughed in their face!  OK. you get the idea.
Now, for the details;
 So far the date is set for Thursday, June 18 at 9:00 AM in the Salt Lake Temple with a Luncheon in the JS Memorial Building at 11:30 AM.  
The reception is still in debate but will be from 6-8ish with dancing probably till nine.  My days recently have been calling caterers, pricing reception centers, deciding on invitations and photographers etc!  I have a couple more meetings tomorrow, and hopefully we will make the final decision about where  this thing is going to be....  Wish me luck!
 

2 comments:

Shel said...

My goodness! What a huge event in your life! Good Luck with all the planning. I am sure it will be perfect!

Love ya!
Shelli & Ellie

Alicia said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting!