Monday, October 26, 2009

Kennekuk Ward Chili Cook Off and Halloween Party.

Mike and I are part of our wards Activities committee. Last Friday our ward had the annual Halloween/Fall social. There was Trunk or Treating(even though it was a week before Halloween and we have a great neighborhood for Trick or Treating) a costume parade and lots of Chili. I guess I am a humbug about Trunk or Treating. I like to take the kids through the streets and knock on doors. Even if it is cold. I like answering the door and giving out candy. A lot of my neighbors prefer to just do the parking lot thing. I think if our ward was all spread out it would be a fun activity, but, come on, we live in the Ranches in Eagle Mountain UT. Great neighborhoods, homes close together, and we know all of our neighbors for blocks! Now Colton and Brenna have full buckets of candy and Halloween isn't until Saturday. They did have fun though!!!
Colton was a Cowboy! Brenna was a Rainbow Fairy!


We have to say that we are proud of the Cowboy cosume. To save money, I sewed the vest from some old fabric we had. Mike(creative genius as he is known) made the chaps from an old suitcase with buckles that I have wanted to throw away for years! "We might use this someday" he always says about everything we argue over keeping! He sewed a gun holster and even little pockets for bullets in the belt. Of course I will not allow real bullets! I told them. Boots were borrowed from Aunt Melinda, and Colton's head is just about too big for Mike's famous fishing cowboy hat.
Brenna's costume is a conglomeration of some of our fairy wings, tutus and halos that we sell on our website. www.littlefairywings.com
She picked her favorite color for the wings -lately it has been yellow.


No comments: